The Elumatec KF 178 is a very special door router featuring 3 drills, one at the top, one at the front and one at the back. These drills reduce the time required for door routing.
According to the elumatec website* the machine has the following capabilities:
"Three spindle copy router KF 178
- A specially designed copy router for efficient production of doors
- For routing lock cylinders and round rosettes (safety cylinder locks) in wide profile sections and multichamber profiles of a very large profile construction depth
- 3 independent working routing units
- Separate operation of the horizontal and vertical cutter heads
- Clamping the work piece upwards to support face of lock, therefore no need for new adjustment of the machine when using profiles of different heights
- Simple tool changing due to „spindle lock“
- Flexible stop system with support rollers and adjustable hinged stops
Routing unit on top
- Routing capacity with length stop and copying template 340 x 100 mm
- Stroke 110 mm
Routing unit at bottom
- Routing capacity with copying template 240 x 90 mm
- Stroke from the front 95 mm
Stroke from the rear 45 mm
- Spindle speed 12.000 r.p.m.
Clamping capacity for sections 115 x 100 mm
Power supply 230 / 400 V, 3~, 50 Hz
Power output each motor 0,74 kW
Compressed air supply 7 bar
Air consumption per working cycle 12 l without mist spray, 24 l with mist spray
Length 0.98m, width 1.25m, height 1.61m, weight 310 kg"
The list price of the machine is around £12,000.
The side supports are optional extras at £500 plus VAT
Please note the video shown is of one we have sold before.